Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
What you’ll do
Shift based working pattern: Monday to Sunday, mainly home working with touchdown days in the office (Osterley) when required
- Assist the team responsible for meeting Ofcom regulations for subtitles to ensure all programming is readily available across all workflows, platforms and territories
- Work as part of a team in a collaborative way to ensure Access Services are applied across all Sports, Movies and Entertainment channels
- Use internal systems to check the delivery, availability, and distribution of content
- Assisting the production manager with allocation of content to subtitlers
- Sourcing scripts and CC files from distributors
- Supporting the subtitlers with their queries
- Be able to perform File Edits on .stl files for broadcast
What you’ll bring
- Attention to detail is essential in this role.
- A high level of customer service and client focus
- Ability to demonstrate clear and concise communication skills with colleagues
- Strong organisational skills to deal with and prioritise your daily workload
- Previous Access Services experience is highly advantageous
- A good understanding of OfCom regulations and Access Services workflows to meet TX deadlines
- A pro-active and multi-tasking demeanour
Do you want to be part of an exciting team here at Sky? Sky is committed to making as much of our content accessible to all customers and to do so have built a brand-new Access Services Centre of Excellence. We are looking for an Access Services Assistant to join the team that is the central point of all Access services’ processing across Sky linear, VoD and OTT platforms.
Content technology and innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.
There’s one thing people can’t stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you’ll work
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We’ve embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You’ll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We’d love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It’s a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn’t stop at what we do, it’s how we do it, too. We embrace each other’s differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we’ll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
To apply for this job please visit sky.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!