Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can’t get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Every year ITV Studios produce hundreds of hours of programmes for ITV and other leading broadcasters, making some of the nation’s favourite programmes, including I’m A Celebrity, Love Island and Come Dine With Me.
ITV operates in a very competitive landscape, with viewing habits and the needs of advertisers changing rapidly. The COVID-19 pandemic created many challenges and opportunities for the business, including accelerating some of the trends already seen, particularly the increase in viewership to streaming platforms. While TV in the UK still reaches nearly 90% of the population each week, there is no doubt that overall linear TV viewing volumes are declining. The proliferation of digital platforms gives viewers more choice on what they watch, when they watch and how they watch, and ITV recognises that younger viewers, in particular, are increasingly moving away from linear viewing to digital platforms.
Through its More Than TV strategy, ITV aims to be a leader in UK streaming and has launched the first integrated AVOD/SVOD service in the UK, ITVX. ITVX provides a seamless viewer experience with a significantly enhanced digital-first content offering, allowing ITVX viewers to watch whenever and however they want, and to attract those audiences who do the majority of their viewing on digital services.
ITVX combines the experience of the linear advertising proposition with the precision of addressable advertising to fully monetise the value of digital audiences. It provides a more targeted offering through scaled addressable advertising inventory not previously available, using established data and analytics capabilities to drive higher-value data-driven pricing models. ITV has significantly invested in its data and technology capabilities over the last three years including in Planet V which has been rolled out to all the major agencies and is now the second-largest programmatic video advertising platform in the UK, after Google.
Ultimately ITV’s overall ambition is to double digital revenues to at least £750 million, double MAU’s on ITVX to 20 million and double paying subscriber numbers to 2.5 million by 2026.
Sitting within the newly created Commercial and Propositions team the Commercial Analyst role is critical to helping deliver ITVX’s commercial strategy. The Commercial and Propositions team has overall responsibility for the consumer proposition and business plan for ITVX including the management of ITV’s subscription business and delivery of the AVOD KPIs to enable ITV’s Commercial team to achieve the streaming revenue targets. Supporting both the Head of AVOD and Head of SVOD the Commercial Analyst will provide valuable insights and analysis to inform business decisions as well as regular reporting to support trading and board level discussions. The role is highly cross functional and will need to engage regularly with ITV Commercial, Product, Technology, Marketing, Audiences and Data teams to ensure delivery of the insights needed to successfully deliver the KPIs and the overall financial targets of the Streaming business.
- Ownership of the ITVX Streaming business 5 year forecast model; measuring key revenue delivery metrics across both AVOD & SVOD, responsible for pulling together all required inputs from multiple cross-functional stakeholders to support performance tracking against forecast and finance team forecasting and budgeting timetable.
- Support Head of AVOD & Head of SVOD long range planning – understanding baseline performance and building ‘bottom up’ forecasts to include key performance drivers (seasonality, content, marketing, promotions and discounting etc.)
- Provide Weekly Trading meeting performance overviews – pulling together weekly slides, interrogating performance and producing value add/actionable insights to help drive key ITVX Revenue and KPI’s (AVOD: MAU’s & Consumption Hours / SVOD: Starts, Subs, Entitlements)
- For all trading initiatives provide modelling/forecasting to aid decision making (incl. additional marketing, discounting, promotional partnerships, etc.) across AVOD & SVOD
- Support Director of Commercial and Propositions with data to balance AVOD and SVOD revenue and KPIs providing clear impacts of initiatives (ie. windowing of content, balance of marketing support etc.)
- Work with Data and Insights teams to become a ‘super user’ of ITVX reporting and data processing flows; identifying issues and errors, aiding with maintenance/fixes and building bespoke reports for the Commercial and Propositions team to better track KPIs
- Feed into and become a key stakeholder in the development of new reporting tools and processes required to successfully scale the streaming business and achieve the 2026 More Than TV strategy goals.
- Provide modelling, recommendations and partnership support for new Commercial propositions.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in the TV and Digital advertising industry delivering revenue based targets
- Experience of SVOD and AVOD business models and the associated metrics for delivering financial results
- Demonstrable experience of complex financial and KPI modelling and forecasting (including in Excel and Google Sheets)
- Experience of working within a sales or business development team in an analytical capacity, extracting insights
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you have a disability, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage*.
(minimum criteria above)
- Exceptional analytical & problem solving skills with proven ability to drive commercial analysis of data and provide business recommendations
- Superior communication and collaboration skills to ensure all business areas are consulted and aligned in forecasting and modelling activity.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with key senior internal stakeholders
- Experience building and presenting business cases for new activity to drive financial or KPI improvement
- Experience of preparing tooling requirements to enhance business metric availability.
- Positive, can-do, collaborative and solution focused attitude with the ability to rapidly form good relationships with colleagues across different functions & seniority levels.
- Create thinking to address business challenges and support assessment of new commercial proposition opportunities
We’re happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything… our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more here
.If you want more information regarding this role please feel free to email TalkingCareers@itv.com
Find out more about our benefits http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance
To apply for this job please visit itvjobs.referrals.selectminds.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!