Banijay stands as the largest international content producer and distributor; home to over 120 production companies across 22 territories, and a multi-genre catalogue boasting over 88,000 hours of original standout programming.
A collective of creative entrepreneurs, the group represents some of the biggest global brands including MasterChef (BBC One), SAS Rogue Heroes (BBC One), Starstruck (ITV), The Playlist (Netflix), Tipping Point (ITV), Ambulance (BBC One), Pointless (BBC One), Good Karma Hospital (ITV), Location, Location, Location (Channel 4), Your Home Made Perfect (BBC Two), Hunted (Channel 4) and many more. Imagining and delivering high-quality multi-genre IP that was born locally and travels globally, the business offers the best stories told the best way.
Built on independence, creative freedom, entrepreneurialism and commercial acumen, the company, launched in 2008, operates under the direction of Chief Executive Officer, Marco Bassetti.
We are looking for a highly organised and enthusiastic communications and admin assistant to join the Banijay UK team. They will be responsible for helping with the smooth running of the office and its systems and providing support to team which is responsible for corporate communications, programme publicity and social media campaigns. This role would be ideally suited to someone who wants to develop a career in PR and / or social media marketing.
- Taking general day to day enquiries from journalists and to manage and keep updated distribution lists for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Gather billings and preview material for each programme
- Ensure that programming slate and forward planning document are kept up to date
- Manage the picture library, ensuring that all programmes have accompanying pictures and go through the correct approval processes
- Assist the team with press launches, events, interviews and photo shoots
- To collate social media reaction for priority programmes when required
- To compile & edit weekly update for the Management team
- To provide administrative support to the Director of Communications, Press & Social teams as required.
- To process invoices and manage the Communications budget alongside the Director of Communications.
Knowledge and Skills
- A bright, confident and socially connected team player who is happy to support colleagues and has a can do attitude
- The ability to thrive in a busy environment, manage time to meet deadlines and prioritise when necessary.
- Self-starter who is able to use their initiative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite programmes e.g. Outlook, Word
- Excellent organisational, writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience utilising digital media.
- A love and understanding of television and the broader media landscape and creative drive, with an understanding of digital communications.
Reporting to: Head of Public Relations
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 9:30am – 6pm
We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage
We are an inclusive and disability confident employer. We actively encourage applications from individuals from diverse and under-represented backgrounds and are committed to providing a creative and inspirational home for all people. To make sure we are inclusive and accessible to all, please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments or assistance either to help you with your application or whilst working with us.