Summary of the Role
The Affiliate Distribution Team is responsible for the distribution of The Walt Disney Company’s linear channels and Disney+ on the platforms of pay TV and telecommunications operators through multi-year licensing agreements. This role sits within the central team which works closely with local teams and provides end-to-end support during the deal negotiation process.
The Distribution Manager will be responsible for deal analysis during deal negotiations and financial forecasting for all partnerships, including for Disney+, across EMEA. Combining excellent quantitative skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, the candidate for this role will collaborate with local teams and other departments within the business to deliver data-driven insights and deal analysis.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
Deal Negotiation Support
- Financial (xls) modelling of commercial offers for all deals, including Disney+; working with local teams and/or other teams within the business as needed
- Analysis of deal performance to derive insights and key learnings for future negotiations
- Working closely with local teams, and other teams within the business (research, finance, business development), to support other elements of deal negotiations including summaries and presentations to senior management
- Keeping track of industry developments and highlighting the impact of movements by both partners and competitors
Financial Planning Support
- Support during the annual planning process, for both channels and Disney+, including target setting & forecasting performance
- Liaising with other teams in the business (finance, business development) to keep track of key milestones and deliverables
- Support in updates to local teams and senior management through creating summaries and presentations
The Experience We Require From You:
- Advanced Excel skills and experience in modelling (prior finance or consulting experience is a significant advantage)
- Highly motivated and inquisitive, seeking to learn more about the industry and the fast-changing media landscape
- Good communication skills – ability to create concise presentations that draw on existing research and observations to tell a story (whether a pitch or an internal presentation), good understanding of PowerPoint/other presentation tools
- Strong work ethic, focused on delivery and attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Hybrid working is available
- Excellent parental and guardian leave
- Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group – ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!