As WBD’s global business continues expanding within both existing and new segments, there is an imperative to optimize the overall revenue model in order to drive sustainable commercial growth. Strategic decisions in most cases impact the overall business model, requiring holistic commercial planning and oversight of a complex ecosystem.
The newly created role of Commercial Strategy Director will provide necessary support to the regional management team on such strategic projects aimed at driving accelerated, profitable growth in the business, encompassing all revenue streams while supporting the growth of the DTC business.
- Support the development & implementation of new partnerships with traditional players and non-video partners.
- Work closely with the local teams to reset and re-define the relationships with our traditional partners to achieve mid-long term strategic goals while maintaining the revenue growth.
- Active participation in building, negotiating, and implementing the deal strategies in relation to the key projects.
- Identify potential targets for major commercial and/or equity partnerships.
- Contributing creative and strategic thinking on projects and to challenge status-quo.
- Cultivating and maintaining excellent business relationships with the local teams in each hub
- Build the foundations for a long-term digital ad sales business in high potential ad sales markets.
- Support the evaluation and implementation of effective monetisation models for the digital inventory through in-house and/or rep relationships.
- Evaluate and implement maximum value through traditional and next-gen ad sales techniques (addressable linear, programmatic ad sales etc).
- Previous experience working in commercial strategy, corporate or business development within the media, broadcast, or entertainment industry.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong academic background and analytical skills to drive strategic insight.
- Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines.
- Ability to work in a diverse global matrix organisation.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Fluent English.
- Proven capability in sourcing data and conducting research.
- Passionate about working in digital and the media industry.