Job Title: Genre Assistant (9 month FTC)
Reports to: Senior Commissioning Editor
In Documentaries, we want to make programmes that create headlines, reveal and challenge. We are a broad church, commissioning more than 300 hours a year, from 24 Hours in Police Custody and First Dates to Jeremy Kyle Show: Death on Daytime, Barrymore: The Body in the Pool, and Crime and Punishment. Everything we do, we aim to innovate – in storytelling, use of technology, authorship, form, POV. We know – when we get this right – we can bring big, broad audiences. And, more than ever, performance on All4 is crucial to our success.
To provide a high level administrative support to the Documentaries team. This will include diary management for up to 4 people.
The role may also include providing cross-genre support to other Commissioning teams as and when required
- Diary management for at least two Commissioning Editors in the Documentaries team
- Provide day to day support for the team including room bookings, travel arrangements, arranging events, dealing with general correspondence, and expenses filing
- Ensure visitors to the Documentaries team are handled appropriately
- Assist with additional ad-hoc projects for the team as they arise
Essential Experience and Skills
- Must have experience in diary support to multiple executives within a company, with the ability to handle very complex and often conflicting meeting requests
- Keen interest in TV and programming -with a particular interest in documentaries and good general knowledge of social and political affairs
- Able to prioritise and manage several tasks at once without supervision, and to report back on the completion of tasks
- Proven ability to be part of a team, work well with others in an open-plan department, and deal politely with visitors from other companies
- Proven ability to cope in a very busy environment and to perform in high-pressured situations
- Proven ability to work with extremely confidential materials and sensitive issues
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite; particularly Outlook and Powerpoint
- To have and use initiative, as well as being able to respond to orders and have a willingness to do whatever is required
- Possess a keen attitude and a willingness to learn
- Flexibility, patience, perseverance and commitment to get the job done
- Always display a helpful attitude whilst managing diaries carefully and sensitively
- Ability to build valued and trusted relationships with senior stakeholders both across the Commissioning team, and the wider business
- Maintain relationships with peers across all departments
- Ability to cope with an ever-changing environment, as well as dealing with both routine and non- routine problems.