We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
What you’ll do:
- To accurately use re-speaking techniques and to understand Dragon Naturally Speaking voice-recognition software to generate live subtitles for instant transmission of a standard to be aligned with Ofcom guidelines and Sky SLAs.
- To repurpose live captions for repeat showings. To edit text retrieved from the newsroom computer systems into pre prepared one or two-line subtitles
- To communicate with the appropriate newsroom editor and/or technical staff to obtain relevant information
- To exhibit the communication skills necessary to liaise with colleagues and newsroom contacts.
- To log and report all failures in transmission to the appropriate person or people and/or to complete the Fault log and to liaise effectively with the Technical Services department on site
- To exhibit quick reactions and responses to transmission operational problems and raise to line management/technical support.
- Shift based working pattern: Monday to Sunday, 24 hours including night shift
- Mainly home working with touchdown days required in the office (Osterley) when required
What you’ll bring:
- An interest in, and in-depth knowledge of sport and current affairs is a must
- With training gain the ability to use subtitling software and to be able to absorb new versions or systems as introduced.
- Sufficient knowledge and the ability to use other software such as MS Word and Excel,.
- Ability to adapt to different subtitling styles to meet changing needs of the business and, where necessary, to improve output
- Familiarity with programme compliance issues
- Excellent English grammar and spelling is essential for this position as well as attention to detail which is crucial in this role
- Flexible with regards to working hours
Content technology and innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.
There’s one thing people can’t stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you’ll work
We are a Disability Confident Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
We’ve embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You’ll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We’d love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It’s a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn’t stop at what we do, it’s how we do it, too. We embrace each other’s differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we’ll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.