We are Sony Pictures Entertainment!
We are in the business of creativity… making some of the most beloved film and television of all time for every platform in the world. As the most creative and proudly independent studio, our future is boundless.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a division of Sony Corporation, a creative entertainment company built on a foundation of technology. Along with our sister companies, we make movies, television, music and games that engage billions of people, connecting creators and audiences around the globe. We are looking for innovators to join us as we forge the future of entertainment!
The Marketing Manager role acts as the ultimate brand advocate, successfully conveying passion, excitement and commercial acumen for all film releases across the home entertainment and broadcast windows. Reporting into the head of feature film marketing the role has ownership of Marketing activities related to allocated feature film releases and campaigns across EST, physical, broadcast and Home Entertainment catalogue windows. The Marketing Manager is accountable for SPE New Release titles meeting and exceeding our budget targets and delivering commercial, innovative and consumer focused marketing campaigns whilst successful managing and enhancing the output from our agency partners.
Title & Product Management
- Full responsibility for managing marketing budget, campaign and product P&L on allocated SPE feature film launches across all key studio windows outside of theatrical
- Act as the source of product information and strategy across every window in remit, starting from pre-theatrical through to HE FTO, early EST launch, physical launch, drafting/catalogue campaigns and broadcast making sure findings and economies of scale are brought from one window to the next
- Handle and allocate ATL and BTL budget for each film, including media, social, PR + promotions, co-op, POS, merchandising budget and approve final expenditure in conjunction with the Head of Feature Film Marketing.
- Key focus on delivering innovative, customised B2B campaigns and launch partnering in the TVD window including talent access, tailored animation and callouts. Ensure that focus and attention is given to driving the most revenue and engagement possible from broadcasters in the Free TV window by incorporating them in any marketing asks and plans around theatrical launch.
- Ensure all media, digital and creative agencies are approaching the multiple windows holistically and proactively coming up with proposals to deliver greater economies of scale, findings and creative solutions to best run our film product lifecycle
- Ensure franchise and catalogue plans and opportunities are brought to the relevant commercial teams in a timely and engaging fashion to ensure we are best monetising SPEs lucrative film library
- Align closely with the Publicity and Promotions team to develop innovative PR activations that are cohesive with the overall Marketing plans for the title
- Work with the regional insights team to develop a close understanding of, and use consumer and shopper insights to, ensure that all marketing activities are accurately targeted to enhance sales and GP potential across all windows in remit
- Ensure industry insight, future trends and competitor tracking are utilised to drive new innovative marketing solutions across titles
- Create and deliver engaging relevant product presentations to the company on a quarterly basis, revise and repurpose presentations as the requirements and objectives evolve throughout the product lifecycle
- Conduct post mortems to assess return on investment in conjunction with Marketing, BPI and Finance, ensuring ‘Best Practice’ Sharing with international home office
- Drive innovation through test-and-learn approach to media and PR executions
Qualifications and/or Experience Required
- Typically, 3-7 years of experience in Marketing preferably in the entertainment sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills required and ability to manage multiple partners
- Ability to influence, negotiate and persuade others
- Business minded, commercially focused and able to understand business plans and control budgets
- Proven track record in delivering creative, innovative and commercial marketing campaigns in a complex multi-faceted organisation or environment.
- Demonstrated success in devising and driving strategic marketing objectives and cascading these objectives and ways of working
- Self-motivated standout colleague and facilitator
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects in a dynamic/changing environment and seeing those projects through to completion
- Experience of managing agencies and third parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
If you require any reasonable adjustments with any part of the recruitment process, including the application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com. Please put Reasonable Adjustment Request in the subject line of the email.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
To apply for this job please visit www.sonypicturesjobs.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!