Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
The primary focus of this role is on the process critical task of manual matching and initial QA for VOD/OTT/Linear content within MDMA/Comet systems. In doing so, metadata content ingested from our suppliers for events are confirmed against the scheduled programmes so that Sky customers can view key information influencing the choices made, and recommendations received.
Content technology and innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.
What you’ll do:
- Matching received content to the appropriate programme on Sky core systems.
- Completing initial QA screening of ingested content, as prioritised, after match highlighting and raising any issues with metadata (i.e.. Title, imagery, synopsis, etc) for resolution potentially to third parties.
- Ensure priority metadata conforms to Sky and Ofcom guidelines and specification as part of QA activity as required.
- Completing above activities within required time and quality standards.
- As part of the team, and through personal work, collaborating on identification and testing of supplier, system and process improvement opportunities.
- Complete ad-hoc activities as assigned by team leadership.
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to work in shift patterns between 6:30am and 10pm, weekdays and weekends.
- Whilst being comfortable working as part of a larger team, person needs to be able to self-motivate and remain productive without extensive one-on-one supervision.
- Great track record at planning, organising & prioritising a busy workload.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, independently and under pressure.
- Comfortable skills working with large volumes of data (and meticulous in your approach).
- A passion about customer experience and Sky’s long-term success.
- An interest in TV shows, movies & sport.
There’s one thing people can’t stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work – hybrid working
The world has changed. And so have we. We’ve embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home.
You’ll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It’s a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn’t stop at what we do, it’s how we do it, too. We embrace each other’s differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we’ll back you all the way.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
To apply for this job please visit sky.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!