NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
This is a multi-platform role that is responsible for generating output on a rolling news cycle. It is especially focused on creating original content for all outlets, including Nightly News, The Today Show, MSNBC, NBC News Now and other livestream programs, and NBCNews.com. The position is based in the NBC News London bureau and covers Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and occasionally Latin America.
- Generate and oversee the production of hard news and feature stories for all platforms
- Contribute rolling content to streaming services and digital platforms
- Conduct in-depth research for breaking news & investigative stories
- Discover, identify and interview newsmakers, eyewitnesses and other notable figures
- Chase story leads from personal contacts, social media, newswires, affiliated and independent news services, newspapers and magazines, and other news sources
- Write scripts for broadcast/livestream programs and text pieces for digital platforms under deadline
- Field produce
- Produce special projects as needed (ie. disasters, Papal conclave, wars, etc.)
- Ensure accuracy & compliance with editorial standards
- Implement security & safety protocols
- Work with craft editor
- Edit video
- Shoot video
- Collaborate with partners like Sky News, ZDF, etc.
- Maintain strong direct relationships with platform senior producers and senior editors
- Maintain understanding of evolving NBC News brand needs
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be able to demonstrate that you are legally allowed to work in the United Kingdom
- Must be willing to work in a 24/7 news environment (flexible hours, shifts, and overtime, often with short notice)
- Must be willing to travel
- May be required to work in hostile or high-risk environments
- Ability to develop sources and maintain contacts for breaking news & investigative stories
- Ability to discover, identify and interview newsmakers, eyewitnesses and other notable & interesting news subjects
- Ability to develop story leads from social media, newswires, affiliated & independent news services, newspapers & magazines, and other news sources
- Ability to edit video: short clips, comp reels & finished pieces for all platforms
- Ability to shoot video: basic b-roll and simple interviews without complicated lighting
- Ability to quickly write scripts for broadcast programs and articles for digital platforms
- Ability to contribute rolling content for digital platforms in a breaking news environment
- Ability to put together a story coverage plan & note
- Field producing skills, including planning logistics, newsgathering & live shot co-ordinating
- Firm grasp of security & safety protocols
- Edit room producing skills, including sourcing and logging content; organizing incoming feeds; working easily in media manager; coordinating with the field teams & show editors; and supervising the overall editing process with a craft editor
- Ability to produce special projects as needed (ie. disasters, Papal conclave, wars, etc.)
- Firm grasp of transmission tools, including LiveU, Latakoo or other proprietary FTP, etc.
- Ability to be a strong communicator with the assignment desk, platforms, and managers
- Strong familiarity with all NBC News Group platform needs
- Solid working knowledge of TV production and digital platforms
- Exceptional research & writing skills
- Strong news judgment & commitment to accuracy
- Extensive field experience, particularly in conflict & war zones and/or natural disasters
- Extensive experience editing stories collaboratively
- Knowledge of and interest in current events, politics, geopolitics & history
- Proven track record of collaboration across multiple teams and multiple platforms
- Ability to lead and foster teamwork
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in another language preferred
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!