Paramount Networks International, is comprised of many of the world’s most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. Paramount brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Is this the role for you?
CBS News seeks to fill three (3) Desk Editor positions that will work across the news landscape to provide editorial support for the international departments of CBS News. These roles will focus on logistics, day of coverage, web and social media content, will helping manage the BBC relationship.
What will you be doing?
- Coordinate Daily Assignments in the London Bureau and assist with planning in the wider coverage area.
- Monitor and report all news items to the CBS News Organisation and communicate with all broadcasts and newsdesks.
- Work closely with Producers, Correspondents, News Crews, Editors, Coordinators and other personnel to proactively assist and contribute to the broadcasting cycle to cover breaking and feature news stories.
- Liaise with CBS News teams deployed on assignment and staff in foreign bureaus.
- Make timely travel/hotel/transport bookings for CBS News personnel.
- Maintain a planning diary and understand what is required to cover future news events including accreditation/visas/travel requirements.
- Liaise with clients and suppliers of news to CBS News.
- Based at the Newsdesk, monitor all incoming video from agencies/BBC/Social Media pushing in a timely manner to all broadcasts/web/social media teams across all CBS News platforms.
- Respond to breaking news by immediately sourcing, verifying and geolocating video for broadcast on all CBS Platforms.
- Undertake research assignments and produce research packets/projects in a timely fashion.
- Assist Producers/Correspondents in booking guests and conducting interviews with crew where necessary. Research and write appropriate questions and identify key soundbites once completed.
- Commission, contribute, edit and produce content to the web and social team; written and video.
- Work with correspondents and camera crew to produce London based Live hits into CBS Mornings, CBS Evening News, CBSN.
- Keep up to date with social media platforms to broaden knowledge, understanding and awareness of current stories and breaking news.
- CBS News and BBC News started a newsgathering agreement in 2017. You will manage the day to day running of the partnership ensuring that there is efficient communication and sharing of resources and content between CBS News and BBC News.
- Facilitate the exchange of editorial information, video and audio, and resources between the two organisations including coordinating live hits from correspondents to the respective organisations.
- Responsible for compliance on rights, clearance and licensing on BBC/CBS owned, third-party and archival material shared between the organisations.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience working in broadcast journalism.
- Good social media skills
- Ability to write, edit and produce for the web.
- Self-starter – pro-active and motivated
- Enjoys learning on the fly
- Passionate and committed to news
- Sense of urgency, acting fast when needing to and alerting the necessary people
- Thrives in a busy, dynamic, sometimes pressurised newsroom
- Is calm and decisive but not afraid to ask for help if necessary
- Interpersonal savvy –excellent communicator to all people in and outside the bureau
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities within a deadline driven environment
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you have any difficulties in applying or require access needs arising from a mobility or any other impairment please let us know by emailing email@example.com or calling 0207 555 1234. We can then ensure your experience and visit is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
To apply for this job please visit careers.paramount.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!