Our London-based Field Producer role with ABC News must be a creative storyteller, with the demonstrated ability to cover breaking and ongoing news with correspondents and other production staff. Responsibilities include pitching, developing, and producing stories for all broadcast and digital platforms, with a focus on distinctive and creative visual storytelling.
Candidates should have at least 10-15 years of experience in network News. Candidates must be editorially strong, resourceful in the field, skilled in the latest news gathering technologies, and have extensive reporting and producing experience. You will be expected to travel on short notice for extended periods and work a variety of shifts.
- Generating, pitching and executing creative enterprise and day of news story ideas for television and digital.
- Collaborate with editors, photojournalists, guest bookers, and show and segment producers to create compelling packages for the network.
- Produce live segments, both in the field or in the studio or from remote network locations.
- Oversee and manage production of reporter packages from concept to delivery; including idea generation, story research, news gathering, writing and post production.
- Writing, vetting, carrying scripts through to approval, with varying degrees of reporter involvement.
- Writing accompanying stories for digital.
- Leveraging skills in field producing, interviewing in person and remotely, creating and signing off on graphics as research and other post production elements.
- Must be experienced and willing to work in conflict zones
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Position requires outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic, as well as commitment to accuracy and integrity in news coverage
- Strong knowledge of newsgathering, including multiple transmission formats and social media.
- Continuously develop and maintain sources that result in original reporting and sourcing
- Must have flexibility and ability to work long and varied schedules and travel when needed
- Must appreciate cultural differences and be able to work sensitively in a variety of countries
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC News Intercont UK Branch, which is part of a business we call ABC News.
ABC News Intercont UK Branch is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.