Join the place creatives call home!
Fremantle is a powerhouse of the TV and Film industry. We’re one of the world’s largest and most successful creators, producers and distributors of Entertainment, Drama & Film and Documentaries.
From critically acclaimed dramas like The Responder, starring Martin Freeman, award winning films including Paolo Sorrentino’s Oscar nominated The Hand of God to incredible entertainment like The Rap Game, Too Hot to Handle, The Apprentice and Britain’s Got Talent, we make shows with global appeal.
We aspire to tell stories that connect people around the world. We believe our shows should reflect and celebrate the world we live in and we want to create irresistible entertainment and engage with our audience. To achieve this, we must have people from all backgrounds and cultures working in our teams and on our shows, and we commit to creating opportunities for talent by being inclusive in all that we do.
The Publicity Assistant is a key member of the Fremantle UK press office which delivers dynamic communications across the Fremantle UK labels: Euston Films, Naked, Talkback and Thames. The position provides PR support as well as administrative and organisational support to the team.
About the team:
The Fremantle UK communications department is responsible for overseeing the press and publicity across all progamming and corporate comms for UK labels, responsible for the full breadth of programming – supporting, championing and promoting them to ensure they are the most talked about shows on television.
Here you’ll get to:
- To support the Head of Press all communications as required
- To assist the Fremantle UK publicity team on multiple aspects of programme campaigns by carrying out basic publicity tasks
- To provide full administrative support to all members of the UK publicity department to ensure smooth day to day running of the press office
- To ensure the Fremantle UK website is maintained and up to date and to provide support to the ‘web champions’ operating the label websites
- To manage all awards entries for Fremantle in the UK and on behalf of UK labels
- To act as first point of contact for all enquiries into the press office, answering routine queries and filtering other enquiries to relevant person
- To write programme billings and other press materials including releases and press packs assisting publicists/publicity managers
- To assist the Publicity team with compiling press assets including PI, publicity stills, issuing preview/review and promo clips and press updates to support programme publicity
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in the social media and digital teams, ensuring all external communications are co-ordinated and cohesive and in line with the press digital campaign elements.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication and relationships with all production contacts and internal stakeholders
- Maintain processes and systems to ensure smooth running of the Press Office
- To manage external cuttings and be responsible for all press cuttings distribution and filing related to the programmes you’re working on
- Manage images for the shows – download and caption pictures; collation of picture packages; and liaising with network picture desks
- To send out press releases/press packs/information as required
- To maintain and regularly update databases of media contacts and key personnel (internal and external)
- Managing travel/accommodation arrangements for the team, talent and contestants when required
- To provide admin support to Head of Publicity
- Assist the team with any IT / office related queries
- To assist publicists/publicity managers with the coordination of events, appearances and launches and ad-hoc company work/social events
- To ensure that the Fremantle UK website is well maintained and always up to date.
- Writing copy for the website.
- Ensuring the correct up to date images are on the website.
- Act as first point of contact for all website enquiries.
- Work closely with the Fremantle internal comms team to maintain Fremantle updates to internal communications as appropriate.
We’re looking for:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience of dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Initiative and ability to manage own projects
- Experience working at events of different sizes and scale
- Understanding and knowledge of print and broadcast media
- Good working knowledge of the media industry and the TV production process
- Excellent IT skills, including advanced skills on social media platforms e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and ideally Photoshop experience
- Ideally some experience of editing software and proven content creation
- Ideally some existing relationships with bloggers and influencers or else an ability to build and maintain these relationships
- Ideally an understanding of social analytics monitoring tools to be able capture reach and impact beyond traditional measures
Our benefits include: generous company pension, summer Fridays, audience tickets, employee assistance programme, access to free courses and training, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, business coaching sessions and volunteer days.
If you need any of this information in a different format or would like to suggest a different form of application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.createyourowncareer.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!