This is a revenue generation role where the incumbent will be responsible to sell our advertising solutions to media agencies and marketers for all the channels part of for Star Network UK, Europe and South Africa. The position holder will be responsible for maintaining relationships with a designated set of key strategic accounts and identifying new accounts to maximize revenue from them through sale of commercial time and branded solutions.
Strategic / Policy related KRAs
- Develop a thorough understanding of the product, its strengths, positioning, content etc. to be leveraged for pitch impact and effectiveness
- Develop a thorough understanding of the industries/categories being serviced as well as unique marketing challenges being faced at each client organization
- Network, engage with and build strong relationships across levels at client as well as agency organizations to understand business trends, have direct visibility on upcoming campaigns and revenue potential
- Demonstrate thought partnership through a comprehensive understanding of the client and agency organization, their marketing needs, campaign efficiency metrics etc.
- Build a strategy to derive maximum revenue for your accounts to achieve assigned targets.
- Develop new clients – Non-TV and develop new clients in UK (outside London) & Europe
- Key client management – Conceptualization & execution of out-of-the-box sales ideas / deals in conjunction with the brand solutions team
Operational / Process / Technology related KRAs
- Create, negotiate and close deals that maximize price/market share for Star and deliver on the clients and agency’s marketing objectives and expectations.
- Map competition (Sales strategy/Programs/Clients) and use market intelligence to develop strategies to maximize market share
- Take complete ownership of deal execution, client servicing and post evaluations of campaigns working closely with operations and marketing.
- Act as an ‘Account Manager’ rather than a ‘Seller’ by providing dedicated account management to develop and nurture strong long-term relationships with key accounts.
- Demonstrate rigor in process management; be dynamic, prompt and flexible in management approach across all internal and external stakeholders.
Financial Accountability / Commercial Impact
- Accurate monthly revenue projections
- Meet or exceed monthly/quarterly/annual quotas
- Continuously identify opportunities for additional revenue sources through non FCT avenues Brand Solutions
- Continuously strive to identify opportunities to maximise revenue opportunities
- Monthly / Quarterly / Annual Revenue – Achievement against target
- Increase price / yield on deals y-o-y
- Increase Client Count y-o-y
- Accuracy of projections and productivity
- Qualification: Post graduate
- Understanding of UK media market & experience in ethnic media targeting.
- Understanding of TV and digital media buying.
- Understanding of international media
- Total of about 3-7 years of sales experience
- High energy levels and ability to see the larger picture
- Ability to deal with dynamic and fast paced changing internal & external environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent cross-group (including cross-cultural) collaboration skills in relationship
- Self-starter & motivated; Networking and relationship building
- Learning agility
- Analytical thinking
- Result orientation
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Star Adv Sales Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Star Adv Sales Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!