NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world- renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Audience Research & Analysis department is responsible for supporting content licensing, Global Networks and International Direct to Consumer businesses with audience-based quantitative and qualitative tracking, analysis and reporting in all international territories across all consumer facing platforms.
The Senior Research Analyst role requires a strong analytical skillset, a flexibility to draw insights from multiple sources of data, and a broad knowledge of digital products to provide the right insight and measurement approach for internal stakeholders. The primary function of this role is to provide important tactical and strategic analysis to help drive the international growth of i) the TVD content licensing business ii) Peacock and Hayu, NBCUniversal’s international streaming services, and iii) other digitally focused initiatives.
- Using a variety of research and analytical tools, help inform strategic decisions to support product user growth, business planning and marketing programmes
- In conjunction with the Research Director: developing detailed audience reports, analyses, performance summaries and presentations
- Distill data from large datasets into meaningful insight stories for non-research audiences
- Monitor and analyse the performance of NBCU’s digital portfolio, that includes SVOD, AVOD, and transactional
- Mine and analyse data from partner databases (e.g. Netflix, Sky Showtime, YouTube) to drive improvement of product development, marketing techniques and content strategies
- Maintain the quality and integrity of data by cleaning, filtering and setting up systems to collect NBCU data in the most efficient way
- Develop custom data models to apply to data sets
- Monitor and communicate digital market trends and competitive landscape to stakeholders
- Work with the International Digital research team to represent NBCUniversal in market tracking initiatives, supply data where appropriate, and communicate results
- Presenting to stakeholders on the latest actionable consumer insight
- Strong understanding of the digital media landscape, with a detailed understanding of streaming platforms, and a solid knowledge of consumer behaviour across a range of devices
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills, with the ability to craft out insightful and visually appealing reporting
- Strong computer & data skills including Excel, VBA, Power Query, SQL
- Hands on experience of business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Excellent communication, coordination skills and attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work autonomously to tight deadlines and multiple competing priorities
- Ability to coordinate across multiple groups/divisions and build relationships with individuals and groups
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience analysing and using 1st, 2nd and 3rd party datasets
- Experience with media analysis tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, BARB, Digital-i, Plum Research Comscore, Nielsen, internal systems)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!