What you’ll do:
- Become a member of the Sky News Operations team who play a pivotal role in the delivery of live and non-live content for Sky.
- You will follow in-house structured training, working alongside various teams to deliver breaking news around the clock. Learning how to operate and modify the latest innovative technology to deliver great content to our customers, Sky News is an organisation focussed on visual journalism, so this role is critical to our success.
- Throughout your training you will have the opportunity to gain a good understanding of a variety of broadcast and IT systems. Learning to deliver video and audio via a broad range of options including IP, 4G/5G cellular bonding devices, satellite and fibre.
- Sky News requires cutting edge thinking to ensure ever changing technology delivers the best customer experience possible. This will require working calmly and professionally in a diverse, fast paced, exciting environment often to tight deadlines.
- This role is a shift-based 24/7 operation involving some night work. You need to be prepared to accept the flexible and dynamic nature of working in a 24-hour news environment.
- Be mainly based at our campus in Osterley. There will be a requirement to travel in the UK and possibly overseas.
What you’ll bring:
- You will have the opportunity to learn how to operate, support and maintain a variety of broadcast equipment and streaming devices through your involvement in daily news coverage, projects and special events. Working as part of a team and at times independently.
- During your training you will provide technical support to news teams some of whom may be working in a challenging environment, using effective and appropriate communication.
- A good level of computer literacy (Microsoft, Apple) and a basic understanding of networking and internet streaming protocols.
- Prior work experience in a broadcast technical environment or a related industry would be advantageous but not a requirement.
- Although a technical role, a demonstrable interest in news and current affairs is expected.
- Successful applicants will need a passport and full driving licence within 12 months of joining.
We welcome applications from anyone with an interest or education in Technology or IT.
To apply for this job please visit sky.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!