We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
What you’ll do
- Working with editorial teams to implement their vision and strategy within various content management systems
- Building and maintaining relationships with other key parts of the organisation such as Media Management, Marketing, Stills, Linear Scheduling teams and Compliance.
- Reviewing channels/VOD sections to ensure UI is as expected, content is appearing as it should and ensuring that the best possible images are being utilised
- Troubleshooting with relevant internal teams and liaising with them on system improvements
- Working across all sections within On Demand
- Having the imagination, foresight and understanding of competitor activity to challenge and change the way On Demand works, as well as giving ideas for improvements to the proposition.
What you’ll bring
- Extensive knowledge of VOD and a passion for content
- Good attention to detail
- Organisational ability to manage workloads and have a talent for working with others
- Flexibility to manage late changes and react to schedule amendments
- Experience of data entry and system inputting
- Have a curiosity and passion to seek out new insights, to challenge the status quo and to ensure that the customer experience within On Demand is the very best it can be
- Please note this is an initial fixed-term position
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our VOD Scheduling team. Our team is fundamental in bringing all the elements together within On Demand. We work with a number of varied editorial and technical teams to ensure that customers have the very best experience accessing the great content Sky and its partner channels have to offer, whether they are at home or on the go.
The VOD Scheduling team works across On Demand in key areas such as Box Sets, Kids, Catch Up TV and Homepages. Duties include the accurate scheduling of programmes across Sky+, Sky Go and Sky Q to ensure the best titles are available for Sky customers daily. Accuracy and attention to detail are core skills required for this role. Whilst the role is focused on operational implementation, there are opportunities for creative individuals to contribute to the editorial vision of On Demand.
Content technology and innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content!
There’s one thing people can’t stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you’ll work
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We’ve embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You’ll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We’d love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It’s a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn’t stop at what we do, it’s how we do it, too. We embrace each other’s differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we’ll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
To apply for this job please visit sky.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!