Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Assistant Editor, Video is a pivotal role in Sky News, responsible for ensuring the best, most recent and relevant images are used in our Television and Digital coverage. The role helps to maintain Sky’s award-winning high standards.
What you’ll do:
- Makes sure any new video and interviews are flagged to the relevant people without delay.
- Supervises material offered directly to the live News Gallery via Playout including fresh interviews and raw, unedited footage.
- Checks images, so they can be broadcast as quickly as possible and ensures they do not break any legal, taste or copyright rules.
- Liaises with the Home, Foreign and Digital news-desks to provide a link between them and producers tasked with turning round the material across the various programme strands.
- Provides training and advice to Producers as they use the desktop editing systems.
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of current news stories and have suggestions for coverage.
What you’ll bring:
- Good knowledge of legal constraints, Ofcom regulations and Sky’s editorial standards
- Highly motivated and creative
- Experience producing outstanding news content
- Significant newsroom experience
- Excellent TV production skills
- Strong editorial background in news
- A great teammate, believing in collaboration, adaptability and initiative
- Able to readily embrace new technology and change
- Demonstrated experience working in a quick-paced environment with tight deadlines
- A calm, detailed and methodical approach with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels
Sky News is an elite news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
To apply for this job please visit sky.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.
When applying for this position, mention you saw the role on Action Media Jobs. It really helps us continue our work here!