Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with over 220 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. In EMEA Netflix is headquartered in Amsterdam.
We are seeking an in-house Production Management Coordinator to join the UK & European Studio Film Team, based in London reporting to the Director, Production Management, UK & European Studio Film. This position would organize vital production information and workflows from development through to wrap and launch, using internal tools and work closely with our cross-functional teams within Netflix for our key shows.
This role is not an entry-level position, and you will be working both with internal Netflix executives and supporting local external talent and producers.
We are looking for someone dedicated who can help grow the slate; therefore, someone with specific MMP Film experience and feature film production credits will be vital to achieving this. This, combined with strong administrative skills, field coordinating experience, passion, and the ability to juggle diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and great attention to detail at all times.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem, tools, and resources.
- Set up, schedule, and coordinate initial kick-off and ongoing production meetings for partner-managed productions.
- Serve as primary production contact through creative, production, post-production, finance, and wrap for Production Management.
- Track and manage development and production schedules along with overall local content slate, keeping stakeholders apprised of status.
- Assist with identification and curation of experienced, high-quality production staff and crew
- Work closely with the other coordinators in the UK & ESF PM team to refine production guidelines, align on workflows across our slates and champion our internal systems
- Maintain close relationships with the coordinators working on other UK verticals to ensure alignment across the full UK studio
- Work with managers on budget reviews & analysis.
- Serve as the bridge between productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates promptly.
- Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department.
- Minimum of 10 years of production experience on Major Motion Pictures in the UK.
- Candidates will likely be at the experienced Production Coordinator level outside of Netflix, with a minimum of 3 Production Coordinator Credits on high budget films or series
- Access to a long roster of high-quality vendors and crew/creative talent in The UK
- A team player who can supervise several projects in various production points (from development through delivery) in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, Excel is preferred.
- Familiarity with post-production/editorial systems and finishing processes.
- An understanding of how to prioritize tasks and respond accordingly.
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of the current production process and equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box.
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle confidential information.