Netflix is one of the world’s leading entertainment services with 238 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
Netflix is looking for a Communications coordinator to support the UK & Ireland Communications team. The successful person will support the team to help tell Netflix’s story in the UK & Ireland and build and protect Netflix’s reputation and brand.
The Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the UK Communications team.
This is a demanding role that requires someone who is conscientious, curious and can exercise good judgement and initiative.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Holding and building relationships with the media.
- Coordinating and supporting on-the-ground activities such as press days, parties, conferences, and more; this means: attending meetings, drafting agendas and comms plans, coordinating events, press releases and/or blogs, and/or other social media posts.
- Coordinating with agencies and vendors to track contracts and ensure timely payment;
- Updating & maintaining various lists, documents, and charts on the department’s Google Drive;
- Uploading documents, photos, video, and other material to the Netflix Media Center & Newsroom as required;
- Support and shadowing in large PR and brand campaigns
- At least 2 years of PR/communications/marketing/policy experience.
- Proven communication skills; must be articulate and professional both in written and verbal form
- Confident, articulate and not scared to speak up or challenge.
- Demonstrates good judgement and strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- High level of organisation, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Highly collaborative, resourceful, quick thinking and curious with great calm
- Passionate about entertainment. A fan of television, film, and pop culture.
- Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in finding a solution before escalating issues.
- You live our inclusion value by working well with people of different backgrounds, identities, values and cultures, by recognizing we all have biases and work to counteract them, and by treating everyone with respect regardless of their position at Netflix