We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
What you’ll do
As a member of the Rights Ops team within Sky, you will help enable utilisation of content on Sky services and platforms including the SkyShowtime service; as well as manage the international exploitation of our rights through Sky’s distribution arm NBCU by;
- Support new deal management of Acquired, Commissioned and/or Distribution multi-territory agreements, and capture the rights position for broadcast and distribution in the relevant Rights Management Systems (Ents, Cinema, Store and Distribution to NBCU).
- Maintaining existing deals through amendments and updates as required in our rights management systems. This includes analysing and extracting relevant Rights Information from provided amendments and notifications.
- Address rights related queries and requests from the business including but not limited to Acquisitions, Finance, Scheduling and Media Management.
- Support with runs reconciliation as needed.
- Generate reports from RMS when required.
- Attend department meetings and intra-department meetings as and when required.
What you’ll bring
- An awareness of contractual terminology within media/television broadcast and platforms where rights are exploited.
- Previous experience within the TV broadcasting industry, TV content distribution.
- Experience of working with databases, in particular experience with rights management systems.
- Superb attention to detail, organised, diligent, ability to use initiative and be self-motivated and proactive, good communication skills and business acumen.
- Being a great teammate but also able to work independently.
Content technology and innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content!
There’s one thing people can’t stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you’ll work
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We’ve embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You’ll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We’d love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It’s a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn’t stop at what we do, it’s how we do it, too. We embrace each other’s differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we’ll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.