Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Hi, we’re Sony Pictures Entertainment!
We are in the business of creativity… making some of the most beloved film and television of all time for every platform in the world. As the most creative and proudly independent studio, our future is boundless.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a division of Sony Corporation, a creative entertainment company built on a foundation of technology. Along with our sister companies, we make movies, television, music and games that engage billions of people, connecting creators and audiences around the globe. We are looking for innovators to join us as we forge the future of entertainment!
This brand-new position is based within the London based Formats and International Production team, working alongside the Senior Manager, to drive format and unscripted ready-made sales across selected territories.
The successful candidate will join our central unscripted team but work closely with Sony’s regional sales teams to support strategic format sales planning, negotiate deals, format pitches and local market positioning, as well as tracking performance and growth of our product locally.
This role will be tasked with contributing to the growth of the unscripted formats & ready-made business by delivering and exceeding the annual budget target, exploring new clients and sales opportunities, gathering local market trends, and sharing format sales best practise. The individual must be able to work flexibly and creatively to find sales opportunities suitable to the requirements of each territory and client. They must also be willing to travel internationally as business needs dictate.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be the point of contact for the relevant regional sales leads to provide guidance on product, rights, approvals, and best practise commercial format sales terms.
- Grow the unscripted and formats business by identifying new clients, platforms, and trends across your focus territories
- Become a product expert, with a deep knowledge of the Sony unscripted brands including an awareness of global versions and variations, to support the sales teams and client pitch process.
- Take ownership for database tracking, such as international sales, deal status and the unscripted product database. You will be required to keep up to date records that can be used to collate reports for product owners and internal senior management, amongst others.
- Work effectively with various departments include Production Consultancy, regional sales teams, Business Affairs, and Finance, to gather and share information in an effective and timely manner.
- Driving negotiations forward; supporting the regional sales teams to gather all internal partner feedback required on commercial negotiations and also working with the sales leads to ensuring best practise deal-making.
- Managing budgets and targets; working with regional team members, the central Format team and Finance to develop annual and mid-range forecasts.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager to carry out tailored unscripted / format project work as requested.
Need to have:
- Experience working in a sales environment, ideally formats
- Excellent sales negotiation and presentation skills,
- Proven, relevant industry experience,
- Communication and information sharing skills, including confidence with literacy and numeracy skills,
- Proven knowledge of unique selling point and competitor product knowledge,
- Excellent client relationship manager and strong communication skills
- Experience working with individual territories; understanding adaptability and requirements on a local client basis,
- Willingness to travel frequently and internationally,
Nice to Have
- Experience in a format sales role within a TV distribution company,
- Previous experience managing own territories with demonstrable sales & growth record,
- Good understanding of the TV production process,
- Proven awareness of market trends,
- Demonstrable project work experience,
- Demonstrable programme sales experience,
- Comfortable and conversant with new technology applications and business models,
- Foreign languages are highly desirable but not essential.
If you require any reasonable adjustments with any part of the recruitment process, including the application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Reasonable Adjustment Request in the subject line of the email.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).